I’m trying my hardest to write a post about my Sunday meal planning activities over the weekend for the past week. I apologize for being a couple of days late with last week’s meals, but here it goes…
Week 3: I went grocery shopping on Sunday. For lunches, I made a quinoa salad. I planned to make dinners on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. Each night I also had a salad made with arugula, tomatoes and some nights avocado too. Yum!
Lunches: My original idea was to mix this quinoa salad with pesto as the dressing. Unfortunately, my food processor is out of commission so I although I tried to make pesto in the Vitamix, it did not come together as nicely as it should have, so I just added a little olive oil and it was so good!
Tomato Basil Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped,
- 1/2-3/4 cup basil, chopped
- 16 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
Mix ingredients together and chill.
- Sunday: Grilled chicken and roasted brussel sprouts
- Monday: Hake, roasted cauliflower and roasted sweet potatoes
- Tuesday & Thursday: leftovers
- Wednesday: Turkey tacos with black beans
- Friday: Pizza night for the boys
- Saturday: Sushi take out
Hope these posts help with your meal planning. Until next week…