I’m trying my hardest to write a post about my Sunday meal planning activities over the weekend for the past week. I apologize for being a couple of days late with last week’s meals, but here it goes…
Week 3: I went grocery shopping on Sunday. For lunches, I made a quinoa salad. I planned to make dinners on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. Each night I also had a salad made with arugula, tomatoes and some nights avocado too. Yum!
Lunches: My original idea was to mix this quinoa salad with pesto as the dressing. Unfortunately, my food processor is out of commission so I although I tried to make pesto in the Vitamix, it did not come together as nicely as it should have, so I just added a little olive oil and it was so good!
Tomato Basil Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped,
- 1/2-3/4 cup basil, chopped
- 16 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
Mix ingredients together and chill.
- Sunday: Grilled chicken and roasted brussel sprouts
- Monday: Hake, roasted cauliflower and roasted sweet potatoes
- Tuesday & Thursday: leftovers
- Wednesday: Turkey tacos with black beans
- Friday: Pizza night for the boys
- Saturday: Sushi take out
Hope these posts help with your meal planning. Until next week…
Oh my goodness! The tomato basil quinoa salad looks delicious! Can’t wait to try it!
Thank you! It was delicious. Let me know what you think!