Summer peaches are just THE BEST! We’ve been lucky enough to have peaches in our farm share for four weeks in a row throughout July and August. Each week we get to pick them off the trees ourselves. Mostly, we’ve been doing our share of eating them, but have managed to make some pretty delicious recipes, Peach + Blueberry Cobbler definitely up there as the end of summer recipe winner. 🍑
- 6-8 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 TB. arrowroot starch
- dash of cinnamon
- optional: 1 TB. coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or ghee, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Grease an 8 x 8 glass dish with coconut oil or ghee.
- In a large bowl, mix peaches, arrowroot starch and coconut sugar and gently stir. Add peach mixture to the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond flour, nuts, coconut, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt and until all ingredients are combined. Spread evenly on top of the peaches.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the top is golden and bubbly. Enjoy!
For the topping, if grain-free isn’t your thing, feel free to use oats in place of the almond meal. Feel free to remove the nuts and/or the coconut as well – make it to your liking and taste preferences, and let me know how it comes out. Also, I’ve made this with and without the blueberries, both are equally delicious!!