Today I bring to you another post in my Vital Proteins series. I hope you are enjoying these posts and are learning about all of the benefits of collagen, gelatin and so much more!
Affiliate Disclosure * This post may include affiliate links, meaning, at no cost to you, I will earn commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Gut Health and Good Digestion
Improving gut health doesn’t have to be a difficult feat if you keep gut healthy foods in your kitchen. We all know that gut health is important, but many of us don’t realize just how much of an impact the foods we eat play a role in how we feel, think and behave. Before you plan your next shopping list, read more about the foods that can improve your life in more ways than one.
As a nutritional therapy practitioner, we always say, digestion is everything. And it really is. So many of clients common complaints and symptoms all stem from an issue with their digestion. Improving your digestion can have a significant impact on overall health and just help everything feel better.
- Spoon your way to a better digestion with a cup of yogurt. If you can’t tolerate cows yogurt, opt for coconut based yogurt. You could even make your own in your Instant Pot!
- Yogurt contains probiotics, which are a powerhouse for digestive health. Priobiotics are live micro-organisms that promote health benefits when consumed and support the “good’ bacteria in the gut.*
- Look for yogurts that contain live cultures-an active bacteria that has been shown to help promote in overall gut health and aid in reducing digestive distress.*
- Spice up your day with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper in your meals.
- Research has shown that cayenne pepper can assist in bringing necessary enzymes to the stomach which ultimately aid in metabolizing food.*
- It is also a great aid for relieving intestinal gas as it encourages peristaltic motion – the movement of muscles located in the digestive tract.*
- Avocados are not only a delicious addition to any meal, they are also a one-stop-shop for a wide array of vitamins and nutrients, and are full of potassium, fiber, magnesium, and monounsaturated fats.*
- Fiber is largely found in avocados with approximately 4.5 grams per half, which contributes to healthy digestion as a result of its ability to feed the ‘friendly’ bacteria and remove waste in a minimal amount of time.*
- Gut healthy foods don’t necessarily have to be a food!
- Steep a warm cup of sweet and flowery rooibos tea for it’s digestive health benefits. Even add in a scoop of Vital Proteins Bone Broth for an added digestive boost.
- Rooibos tea is rich in nutrients such as manganese, iron, zinc, and calcium to promote a healthy inflammatory response. Studies have shown that rooibos tea has the ability to promote improved digestion and abdominal comfort. *
Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- Gut healthy foods can be made even healthier with an all natural supplement. Maintain a digestive support with supplements such as Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin.
- Gelatin is most beneficial for improving the lining in the digestive tract and combating intestinal damage which ultimately prevents permeability. Gelatin is slower to digest, moves through the GI tract further and coats the small intestine.
- Beef Gelatin and Collagen Peptides’ nutritional benefits vary only slightly. The main difference is how they’re used. Gelatin works best while cooking, or with hot liquids, soups and broths. Both can be used cooking, but Beef Gelatin dissolves well in warm liquids, gummies, parfaits, hot teas, and more.
Be well my friends ~ until next time,
* References available