I learned about Fat Bombs while in my Nutritional Therapy program last year. When I first tasted them, I thought, yum, only the most delicious real food treat I have had in a long time!
I asked my friend for the recipe and then proceeded to search Pinterest for more. There are tons of recipes out there for Fat Bombs so you can customize them to your liking. The idea is to have a little bit of a treat while consuming all the healthy fats. The one I have made is made with coconut oil.
Here is one of my favorite recipes! If you try them, let me know what you think.
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2T raw cacao
- 2T cacao nibs
- 2T pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Instant coffee, roasted dandelion root
- Any chopped nuts: cashews, walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts
- You could of course add a little honey or maple syrup if you would like them sweetened a bit
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into an 8 x 8 glass dish, a pan lined with parchment paper, a silicon ice cube tray or into individual mini muffin paper liners.
- Place in freezer for at least an hour.
- Once hardened, cut into squares and enjoy. If using a silicon ice cube tray, you can just pop them out and enjoy.
- Store remaining in refrigerator.