Our Wellness Initiative at Runkle is going well so far. I am so glad to hear about many people moving their bodies and making time for themselves in so many different ways. I’ve wanted to get us involved in something where we can track our miles. While at the annual MassCUE Conference last week, I ran into the #BillionMileRace team. I also saw them this summer at the BLC Conference and knowing I wanted to go forward with our Wellness Initiative at Runkle, I am glad they were at MassCUE to remind me to sign us up!
Here’s a message I sent out to my teachers:
Find out more about #BillionMileRace here: http://www.billionmilerace.org/about
What does joining the #BillionMileRace Challenge mean for Runkle?
We now have a place to log any and all movement miles for teachers and students.
How to get involved:
- Estimate any steps/miles you and your students take over the course of the week (at recess, walking around the building, taking movement breaks, etc.). Use a step counter or your iPhone.
- Complete this form so I can start adding your miles to our school’s profile on billionmilerace.org: http://goo.gl/forms/IAQFY9EJVW
Did you know the iPhone has a built-in step counter? Even if you don’t use it for your own steps, you can use it when your class is moving. Search for the Pedometer app on your phone and start tracking your steps! 🙂
If you are on social media, you can Tweet or Instagram (tag me), or post to my Facebook group – anything you are doing related to wellness. Remember to use the hashtag #runklewellness. If you and your class are walking or running, you can use the hashtag #billionmilerace as well.
- You can tag me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/greenyoginut
- and/or on Instagram: https://instagram.com/greenyoginutrition/
- You can also post to my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/greenyoginutrition
As we start to get our miles tracked, I will tweet and Instagram pictures of our progress. Do you think we can walk and run 1 billion miles? Now that would be awesome!
Until next time,